She made me do it. She makes me do all kinds of weird, new things.
Like organic milk. It's from cows that have not had surgically altered utters.
And cloth diapering. I wasn't in to it at first, but I really do find them much more comfortable than my adult Pampers®.
So now I'm blogging. Because SHE made me do it. All of her sisters and girlfriends are doing it, so now I suppose her husband must as well. Because what is good for the goose is good for the gander. (Thank you, Charlotte's Web.)
I did the usual hour of agonizing over a blog title. I was trying to think of something clever, yet not so witty that I had to pull my brain muscle. My thoughts suddenly swept back in time to a purple dragon. No, Barney fans, I'm not confused with a purple dinosaur, but a purple dragon that existed long before that scary, annoying corrupter of children. His name is Figment, and he is the brainchild of an awesome, blissfully surreal Disney of ages long past. Figment is a character from the original Journey to Imagination ride in EPCOT Center.
He is my most favoritist Disney character ever. Goofy is great, Mickey, ho-hum, but Figment? Oh, Figment! You embody the best part of my childhood! The hours and hours everyday that I spent in my world of imagination...
...but now I'm adult, and while my imagination is surely still more active than in your average male specimen, I have had to embrace the cold honesty that is reality, hence the name of my blog.
So there you have it. Next up, table pictures!
May 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
very funny. and creative. do you read MY blog?
YAY Joe!
"she made me do it" .... wasn't that Adam's excuse, too? And we ALL know what happened to him! ;-)
Post a Comment