August 12, 2008

Quick Office Tour...

Hello all! We'll start things off with a quick tour of my place of employment.

When you first walk through the door, you will be greeted with by the beautiful reception area, complete with mood lighting.

Our lovely kitchen/dining area is complete with Sub Zero fridge, in wall coffee machine and sandstone countertops.

This sitting area is for looks only. A leather cleaning service come in quarterly to condition the couch


An the one you've all been waiting for--my office!
Here's a quick run down:
30" and 24" LCD displays-- positioned correctly, you can't tell if I'm sleeping from the hallway.
Ginormous mousepad--you need it when you have to drag your mouse 2.5 feet to go from the left edge of display 1 to the right edge of display 2.
Calculator-- because I have to convert a lot of fractions to decimal. 13/32 anyone?
McDonalds Iced Tea-- this guarantees that I will have to pee every 20 minutes.
Phonebook-- I'm unsure of the use of this archaic waste of paper.
DVD-R spindle-- for when I need 4gb of space for a 2mb file
Notepad-- for the detailed notes I take during our many many conference calls.....and for doodling.
Wacom Tablet-- for doodling.
Powermac G5-- I suppose I should plug that in one of these days....
Phone-- because constant exposure is the only way to overcome one's fears
Excedrin-- 3pm, daily.

That's it! Well, there is more office, but if I showed you all at once, you wouldn't want to keep coming back for more!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks! All i had to do was ask! That was fast, buddy!

Erin said...

I'll bring the kids to hang out on the couches, that way the leather-cleaning-guy might actually have a bit of a challenge next time he comes :)

Erika Marie said...

that looks like a great place to work!